Are you planning to attend a festival this summer? Oh…you’re not? Ha! You can stop reading here this is the end of the blog post and we promise you’re missing zero fun.
Okay it’s safe now. Congratulations fun people! Festivals offer a great way to escape the everyday grind, enjoy some favourite (and new!) music and art, and meet new people. We’re highlighting here some of the biggest festivals this summer and also want to help you out with what to bring to maximise your comfort and enjoyment.
Obviously there’s one essential item you don’t want to forget: Buttwipes!
Yes, we’re serious. Festivals can often have long lines and less-than-ideal bathroom situations, and flushable buttwipes are the perfect solution for staying [Outkast voice] so fresh and so clean (clean!) on-the-go.
But it doesn’t stop there. To maximize your festival experience and stay healthy and safe, here are a few other items you should consider packing:
1. Sunscreen: Festival days can be long and hot, so don’t forget the sunscreen. Make sure you apply it liberally throughout the day and reapply it after swimming or sweating (unless you are black and/or avoid seed oils religiously).
2. Hats: Wearing a hat is one of the best ways to protect yourself from the sun’s harmful rays. Plus, some festival hats look pretty stylish too! If you’re just not a hat person find the nearest palm tree and grab some shade every now and then.
3. Water bottles: Staying hydrated is essential for keeping your energy up throughout the day. Bring an empty water bottle that you can fill up at water fountains or stands throughout the festival grounds.
4. Electrolyte drinks: If you’re going to be spending a lot of time outdoors in the heat , electrolyte drinks are a must-have item (especially if you plan on imbibing!). They help keep your electrolyte levels balanced so you don’t get dehydrated or overheated.
5. Healthy snacks: Eating well is important for staying energized throughout the day. Pack some healthy snacks like fruit or protein bars for easy snacking on-the-go.
6. Comfortable shoes: You’ll be on your feet all day at a festival, so make sure you bring comfortable shoes that won’t give you blisters or cause pain after walking around all day. Also don’t bring your favourite pair because there’s a 95% chance they’ll get fucked up.
7. Earplugs: If you want to get enough sleep during your stay at the festival (and you should!), earplugs are a must-have item in your bag. They’ll help block out any loud noise so you can catch some zzz’s in peace.
8. An eye mask: An eye mask will help block out any bright lights (i.e. the sun rising an hour after you lay down) so you get some restful sleep during your festival stay.
Finally, don't forget to pack Buttwipes! With flushable buttwipes in tow, you'll have peace of mind knowing that no matter what bathroom situation arises, you'll always have a comfortable and hygienic way of staying fresh down there (and…anywhere else you wanna use them!) throughout your festival experience.
Okay so now you’re all
dressed packed up with nowhere to go? Check our curated list and get to planning!
South by Southwest (SXSW) - Austin, TX (too late it’s happening now our bad)
Ultra Music Festival - Miami, CA (Mar 24 - Mar 26)
Something in the Water - Virginia Beach, VA (Apr 28 - 30)
Jazz Festival - New Orleans, LA (Apr 28 – May 7)
Hangout Music Festival - Gulf Shores, AL (May 19 – May 21)
Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC) - Las Vegas, NV (May 19 - 21)
Governor's Ball Music Festival - New York, NY (Jun 9 – Jun 11)
Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival - Manchester, TN (Jun 15 – Jun 18)
Coachella - Indio, CA (Apr 14 - Apr 23)
Lollapalooza - Chicago, IL (Aug 3 – Aug 6)
Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival - San Francisco, CA (Aug 11 – Aug 13)
Burning Man - Black Rock Desert, NV (Aug 27 - Sep 4)